Wednesday 17 August 2011

Top nude lippies for darker skin complexions

So about a year ago I was really obsessed with the nude lips look, I thought it just looked sooo hot! I went on the hunt for the perfect nude lips for my skin tone, as I went on this hunt I realised that it was a little tricky to find a suitable colour. Anyways, I did end up getting some great lipsticks and in my opinion the best nude for my lips. I searched in higher end counters and also in boots and superdrug and to be honest the ones that I particularly liked are pretty affordable.

I narrowed down to 6 lipsticks and 3 different glosses that can paired with them to achieve certain effects.



The first one on the actual swatch (top down order) is Rimmels nude delight and this one is easy to wear, leaves a glossy look and is a touch peachy on my lips. The next one is Revlons soft nude, which I picked up in the States and this is really nice probably the lightest nude of them all but it still is very wearable. I don't usually wear a gloss with this either as it has a natural sheen. The third one down is No7 nude and this lipstick is so similar, in my opinion, to Mac Honey love. I love No7 lipsticks (one of my fav lipstick brands) it's like a satin finish and just a really nice brown nude and with this I love pairing peachy lipglosses.

Next come the three Mac lipsticks, the first of which is honey love and this is definitely my favourite. I love this one soooo much, it's a lovely slightly peachier nude and I think the perfect nude for my skin colour. I wear this one on it's own (it is a matte lipstick btw) and with glosses over it (fav combo is honey love and Nars giza). It looks great with smokey/heavy eyes and a bronzed face :)

The next one is Mac Viva glam 2 (I think, it kinda smudged off!) this is a darker nude with a little mauve/plum through it. I wear this as a evening nude lip, it's great again by itself (satin finish) but it looks really special with the soap and glory gloss in nude, perfect for a dinner as the gloss really does stick for ages!

Finally the last one can be either a hit or miss for people but for me it certainly is a winner!! It's Mac Siss (satin finish) and this one is a straight up yellow toned brown with no pink or peach in it. It really is like a skin tone nude but without being like concealer lips, as you can see on the swatch it practically blends in with my skin tone. This lipstick I think would best suit the NC40's and above.

I just chose three different glosses that could be paired with the lipsticks (top to bottom), the first one is Mac florabundance a pinkish nude and this can be a little hard to wear sometimes but I just need to sheer it out a little as it can be a touch pale on my lips. The next one is my fav Nars giza, my first product I ever bought from Nars (and certainly not my last) this is the PERFECT peachy gloss and looks great on its own and on top of any nude lipstick. I love this lipgloss and I think it would compliment any skin tone. The last lip gloss is the Soap and Glory sexy mother pucker gloss in nude. This is such a good gloss, it does everything from lip plumping to maintaining the colour for hours and it's non sticky! In boots right now they are having a 3 for 2 on selected Soap and Glory items, click here.





Thanks for reading and also what are your favourite nude lippies??











2 comments:

  1. I do love a good nude lip look, it's a very classic and flattering look on most skin tones, great post, can't wait for more when i check back soon,

    We cordially invite you to visit the UnderCoverStyleLover blog for all things celebrity fashion and quick fashion tips and tricks, hope to see you there.

    New Follower!

    http://undercoverstylelover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love me some nude colors!!!! they are my fav for sure!!
    Check out my page getting started too.!!! : )

    ReplyDelete